Brown Sugar Body Scrub : Sweet and Spicy Treat For Skin
A brown sugar body scrub is wonderful to exfoliate your body, as well as to achieve soft and supple skin. A more gentle member of the sugar scrub family, a brown sugar body scrub exfoliates skins well but is not as rough as a salt body scrubs.
Since sugar dissolves more easily in water, a brown sugar body scrub can be a perfect scrub for a gentile and soothing exfoliation experience.
Who should use a brown sugar scrub?
- The brown sugar scrub is best suited for people with sensitive skin, those who do not have excessively rough skin to exfoliate. For rough skin, you may try coconut body scrub.
- People with dry and flaky skin should use brown sugar scrub. The brown sugar scrub nourishes skin and buffs away dead skin cells that cause flaking.
- Those who seek glowing and hydrated skin will benefit from a brown sugar body scrub.
- People seeking to treat/prevent eczema or psoriasis see improvements since brown sugar scrub hydrates so thoroughly that it assists in prevention of these ailments.
A Philippines island myth regarding the prolific sugar cane plant even suggests that this sweet, tubular plant has a history of saving people and bringing them joy.
The myth starts with a young man, accomplished clansmen, who had become bored with his vast success in his village. He contemplated how to achieve happiness for a long time, and ultimately came to the conclusion that heaven was where he should come to find happiness.
As he was on a journey to end his life, he came across an old man who sensed his sadness and presented the young man with the “heavenly” plant, the sugar cane. As the young clansmen bit down on the sugar cane stem, he felt his taste of heaven within its brown sugar base and was healed of his deadly aspirations.
Let the power of brown sugar heal your skin as well.
A brown sugar body scrub provides a milder alternative to the salt scrubs, as the granules are smaller and the overall effect more hydrating. Since sugar dissolves more easily in water and has a different consistency, it is a milder scrub perfect for sensitive skin.
Salt and sugar body scrubs are complementary methods of preventing skin ailments, hydrating skin and exfoliating dead skin cells. Salt and sugar body scrubs both have positives, and it is important to gauge what your skincare needs are before settling on which is best suited to your body scrub needs.
A variety of brown sugar scrub recipes exist, however we will provide you with a hydrating and nourishing homemade brown sugar body scrub recipe below. If you are looking for additional salt or sugar based natural body scrub recipes, please look through other posts.
Simple Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Brown Sugar – ½ Cup
- Olive Oil – ½ Cup
- Vitamin E – 1 tsp.
- Essential Oil (for fragrance) – 1 tsp.
- Mix olive oil, vitamin E and essential oil of your choice in a small bowl.
- Add the brown sugar (you may use dark or light brown) to the mixed liquid.
- Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
The brown sugar body scrub recipe above is a simple beginner recipe, providing room for customization through essential oil choice and primary oil choice. For example, you may substitute the olive oil with sesame oil or almond oil at your discretion, though we believe olive oil provides a rich (and convenient) ingredient offering.
As for essential oils, choose whichever scent draws you and you cannot go wrong with your sugar scrub. Once you become comfortable, you may go onto more complicated recipes and begin experimenting with other ingredients.
Brown sugar scrub recipes for homemade scrubs are abundant, and finding which is right for your needs takes some time. Remember to gauge your skin’s type so that you may choose whether a sugar or salt body scrub is the right choice for you.
Indulge whenever you feel like it, because this is a guilt-free treat that will heal your body, with no sugar crash later!
No related posts.