Vanilla Body Scrub: Experience The Utlimate Relaxing Body Treatment
The combination of delicious vanilla extract, exfoliating sugar granules and sesame oil creates a unique vanilla body scrub that will make your skin glow.
In addition to its intoxicating smell, Vanilla is also regarded as an aphrodisiac by Asian cultures.
The story goes that vanilla was first cultivated on the gulf coast of Mexico, by the Totonac people.
The princess named Xanat (whose life was dedicated to the god of crops) escaped into the woods with a foreign lover, earning her a swift beheading.
As their blood dripped onto the ground, a vanilla plant was born. Quite a grisly folk tale for such a beautiful and fragrant flower, isn’t it?
Regardless of its questionable rise to power, a vanilla body scrub is a soothing and refreshing way to exfoliate your skin, and promote a natural, glowing skin complexion.
Most often, vanilla body scrubs are sugar based since sugar body scrub is a milder exfoliant than salt body scrub, and can soothe even the most sensitive skin types. Since a vanilla body scrub contains sugar as its exfoliation base, you can expect your skin to feel soft, supple and refreshed after exfoliating with this body scrub.
The main ingredients in a vanilla body scrub are sugar (white cane sugar or brown sugar can be used), vanilla extract, vanilla essential oil and sesame oil. The vanilla extract and essential oil provide the fragrance, while the sesame oil is a moisturizing component of the vanilla body scrub.
I have included a simple homemade recipe for vanilla body scrub which incorporates these household ingredients, and allows you to create your own scrub at a fraction of department store costs.
Benefits of Vanilla Body Scrub with Sugar:
- The sugar with its exfoliating properties scrubs away dead skin cells gently, making the vanilla body scrub suitable and helpful for sensitive skin.
- Vanilla essential oil is regarded as an anti-depressant and holds antioxidant properties, lifting your mood and promoting healthy skin all at one time.
- Sesame oil is rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin B, providing essential nutrients your skin needs to look its best. Alternatively, you may add olive oil to body scrub .
Vanilla Body Scrub Recipe:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essential Oil.
- Mix sugar, sesame oil, vanilla extract and vanilla essential oil in a large bowl.
- Set aside for 30 -60 minutes.
- Store in individual containers and enjoy your homemade vanilla body scrub!
Remember to gently massage the body scrub in a circular motion, so that it exfoliates your skin. As always, resist the urge to take a nibble of the delicious smelling scrub; though it may smell like vanilla ice cream, it sure won’t taste the same !
No related posts.