Oily Skin Remedies: Try 3 Best At-Home Treatments to Control Oily Skin
Natural oily skin remedies may seem hard to come by, especially with the beauty market proliferation of preservatives and synthetic oily skin remedies containing ingredients we can barely read, let alone pronounce.
However, oily body skin or facial skin can be remedied through simple body scrubs using all natural ingredients such as oatmeal, lemon and Adzuki beans.
Oily skin remedies must most importantly reduce oily skin, but also must not dry out your skin unnecessarily. There is a fine balance which must be achieved, and if you can exfoliate while doing so, all the better! Such is the reason that a homemade oily skin scrub come in handy, it remedies oily skin while exfoliating and unearthing a beautiful new layer of glowing skin.
Our first recipe below is geared toward a facial scrub to reduce oily skin, containing primarily a long-used Oriental method of skin cleansing using the Adzuki bean.
The Adzuki beans contains impeccable astringent qualities (without the harsh chemicals), and can be found in the more expensive boutique products. By using raw Adzuki beans, you will be harnessing that astringent power to your advantage.
- ½ cup raw Adzuki Beans
- Coffee Grinder
- Water (you may use rose water)
- Grind Adzuki beans in coffee grinder (not all at once) until they form a fine powder. Be careful not to overheat your coffee grinder.
- Store in an airtight container, and mix only small amounts with water at a time.
- When you want to use it, mix equal parts Adzuki bean powder with water to create a rough paste.
- Scrub paste in circular motion on face, leave on for 3 minutes.
- Rinse and enjoy your supple skin.
Oily skin remedies using Milk & Honey Body Scrub
One of the best natural Oily skin remedies, Milk & Honey Body Scrub moisturizes and infuses your skin with nutrients, while reducing oily skin and striking the perfect balance.
- 1 tsp Skim Milk (Oily skin)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
Mix together skim milk, honey and ground almonds until you reach a scrub consistency. You may want to warm the honey (not in the microwave) first so that it mixes better.
Oily skin remedies using Peppermint Oatmeal Body Scrub
Though the combination in this oily skin scrub may sound odd, they are very effective controlling excessive oily skin and soothing your body. The oatmeal is a gentle exfoliant which reduces oily skin, while lavender and peppermint add an earthy, relaxing aroma to this scrub.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- 2 tsp dried peppermint
- 2 cup white cosmetic clay
- Mix/grin rolled oats, dried herbs and almonds into a fine powder in a food processor or other blending device.
- Mix herb/oat mixture into the clay.
- Add 1-2 tbs. water (or until desired consistency) to make scrub which may resemble a paste consistency.
- Rub in circular motion to enhance exfoliation, rinse off and enjoy your new skin.
Organic and natural oily skin remedies are hard to find, but creating your own is a wonderful alternative to purchasing costly oil control scrubs and masks. The above recipes showcase common and exotic ingredients which have been frequently used in store scrubs, and can be made by you at home for a fraction of the price. So roll up your sleeves, do some scrub mixing and banish that oily skin forever!
No related posts.