Natural Body Scrubs: They Smell Good, They Do Good
Homemade natural body scrubs are a wonderful way to achieve quality skincare results while using high-quality ingredients similar to high-end department store brands.
Many department store brand natural body scrubs contain high-quality natural ingredients, but they may be in very small quantities, or contain many types of filler which do not serve a purpose.
By creating your own natural body scrub, you are ensuring that your quality ingredients are entering your skincare routine, and that your skin is nourished by the best products.
A family member of mine once purchased a $35 tub of 8 oz. body scrub touting all-natural coconut extract, almond oil and a “sense of tropical indulgence”.
But why pay $35 for a tropical indulgence you can create in your own home, under your own terms? Imagine the freedom of being able to customize your natural body scrub to your unique skin’s needs, whether it is oil-fighting, moisture or acne control.
We provide you with some lovely base recipes for a natural body scrub below, which can be customized to your needs. Explore the ingredient list carefully, and gauge which may me best suited to your skin.
Natural Body Scrub for Dry Skin
6 Tbs. Almond Paste
2 Tbs. Oatmeal
10 Tbs. Milk
2 Tbs. Crushed Rose Petal (for fragrance)
2 Tbs. Almond Oil
1. Mix oatmeal, milk and crushed rose petal together to a well-mixed state.
2. Add in almond paste, mix well.
3. Stir in almond oil, until it is a thick paste scrub, store in a dry place.
4. Use 1-2 a week as a facial scrub. The almond/milk ingredients will provide great moisture and nourishment to dry skin!
Natural body Scrub for Oily Skin
1 Tbsp. ground oatmeal (steel cut oats)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. yogurt
6 tsp. peppermint essential oil
1. Mix together all ingredients until you reach a desired consistency.
2. Apply and enjoy!
Yogurt feeds your skin, the oatmeal controls oils and the lemon juice brightens your complexion, so this natural body scrub is a triple threat for oily skin!
Miracle-Working Natural Body Scrub Recipe For Regular Skin
This natural body scrub recipe is suited for all skin types, and can be adjusted to suit your specific tastes related to smell and consistency. However, it is a truly sweet and spicy treat for your body suitable for all seasons!
1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, making sure to reach the desired smoothness.
2. Apply mixture to body using circular motions, and indulge!
Banana Natural Face Scrub for Radiant Skin
If you love anything banana, you will love this body scrub. The mashed bananas soothe your skin instantly, while milk adds a soft quality and instant glow!
2 tsp mashed banana
2 tsp rolled oats
1 tsp milk
1 tsp honey
1. Mix all ingredients together into a mashed consistency.
2. Spread onto face, let sit for 5 minutes (or more depending on preference).
3. Wash off, and watch your skin glow!
Remember that the above recipes are some of our tried and true, best of the best natural body scrubs.
However, if you find that a particular ingredient is not to your liking, feel free to experiment and substitute.
After all, the fun of creating a natural body scrub is testing and customizing. Enjoy your newly created natural body scrubs, and remember to store them in a cool, dry place once they are created.
No related posts.