Dry Skin Scrub – Age Old Recipes for Great New Radiant Skin
Dry skin remedies vary greatly, but an all-natural dry skin scrub can give you consistent results. By adding 100 % natural ingredients, you are ensuring that no chemicals (which can dry out skin) are entering your scrub, ensuring radiant skin.
There are several foundations in a dry skin scrub will allow for the moisturizing effect that dry skin yearns for. One of the most surprising is olive oil. Yes, olive oil can greatly help your skin and nourish it.
If you are cringing at the thought of slathering oil on your face, re-think the idea. Olive oil has been used for centuries as a natural way to moisturize hair and skin, and does not clog pores (as some may have you believe).
The first recipe below utilizes this wonder oil to give you that same Mediterranean radiance and remedy dry skin.
Olive Oil & Honey Dry Skin Scrub
- 2 Tbsp. organic, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. organic, raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 dark glass container
- Mix oil and honey until desired texture is reached.
- Pour in cane sugar, mix additionally, and pour into container for storage.
Simple Banana Body Scrub for Extra Dry Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Mash one ripe banana into the granulated sugar (or raw sugar) to incorporate well into each other. Mixture should be thick.
- Add vanilla extract or essential oil of choice for fragrance
- Use as dry skins scrub and enjoy!
This banana dry skin scrub not only smells delicious, but it transfers many helpful moisturizing qualities and nutrients into your skin. The banana’s texture provides your skin with a nutrient rich base, and the sugar sloughs off dead skin cells, banishing your extremely dry skin forever!
Sugar Scrub for Extremely Dry Skin
- ½ C White Cane Sugar
- ½ C Avocado Oil
- 3 tbs. Aloe Vera/Vitamin E
- Essential Oil (if necessary)
Combine sugar, avocado oil, aloe Vera and essential oil into a large mixing bowl and mix together and apply on the wet skin.
This sugar scrub is a perfect way to hydrate your dry skin, and banish it forever! Avocado oil is very moisturizing, while the white cane sugar acts as an exfoliant. If you choose to add in Aloe Vera, you will instantly feel its protective and nourishing qualities, there is a reason it’s so popular in facial creams.
Remember that with all these dry skin scrubs it is just as important to truly scrub and exfoliate in the process, as that gets rid of those aging dead skin cells, and rejuvenates your skin. As always, customize your dry skin scrub to your personal tastes and enjoy the experience. A good body scrub or facial scrub is like a good friend, always bringing out the best in you!
No related posts.